So Grooveshark was shut down two weeks ago on Friday, forever. Together with its playlists, databases and broadcasts. I still haven’t completely gotten over it. Yet my knowledge and passion for music remains—so I thought I might employ a similar tactic to Rich Aftersabbath and release my own one hour mixes of songs from different artists. Rich has done a great job of compiling rare heavy psych, yet it doesn’t always need to be rare, heavy or psych, does it?
This first release is called Distant Melodies and consists solely of progressive material. For now, the medium I’m using is Youtube, perhaps later I’ll change to something better. I’ve tried to choose best quality I could find. Enjoy!
Unnkerr Swéghléoðras: Part 1 — Distant Melodies
- Weed — My Dream
- Yes — Then
- Starcastle — Diamond Song (Deep is the Light)
- Julian Jay Savarin — Child of the Night
- Emerson Lake & Palmer — In the Beginning
- Jade Warrior — Lady of the Lake
- Camel — La Princesse Perdue
- Greenslade — Sundance
- Caravan — But Where for the Caravan Would I?
- Premiata Forneria Marconi — Impressioni di Settembre
Play time: 1h 3min 34s
If you have a moment to spare, I would love to hear your thoughts on this project. Thanks!
Next release: Unnkerr Swéghléoðras: Part 2 — The Dark Book of Love